It enables you to customize the formatting of data-set fields and their values in Analytics dashboards and lenses. If you modify the XMD for a data-set, every UI visualization that uses the data-set shows the modified format.
You can alter the accompanying with XMD:
Model: Arrangement measures:
- Show the decimal and gathering separators for money.
Model: Add prefixes and additions to measures:
- Show the percent image (%) after every rate.
Precedent Model: Increase measures by a factor
- Multiply by 100 to change over a decimal to a percent.
Change show marks for measurements and measures
Modify hues in outlines in light of field esteems
Characterize the primary day of the week for the date-book year
Add activity menus to measurements that let dashboard watchers summon activities from focal points and dashboards
Design the XMD for a Data-set
You can arrange the XMD record to supersede the default appearance of informational index fields and field esteems and to add activities to measurements in diagrams and tables. Every datum set has a different XMD record.
- Accessible in Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience.
- Accessible for an additional expense in Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions.
- Edit the corresponding data-set.
- Download the XMD file from the Edit page. If you download an old XMD version,
- Analytics converts it to the current version.
- Edit the file with a text editor.
- Save the file in UTF-8 format to ensure that Analytics visualizations display international characters.
- Upload the updated file to the Edit page.
- Analytics validates the XMD file. If the XMD isn’t valid, an error occurs and the updated XMD settings aren’t applied. All formatting reverts to the defaults.
If the data-set metadata changes after you configure the XMD, such as a field is deleted or renamed as a result of changes to the data-flow, you must update the associated XMD.
As your implementation grows, we make great data available wherever it needs. If you found this post is important for you, you can touch-base with us & for more tips, tricks and suggestions our experts try to uncover information from your queries and questions or if you need for more hands-on and live involvement with our experts, you can write us.
Our online training is a mixture of study materials, real-world scenario, Salesforce use cases, hands-on experience & real time project involvement in our training, so the candidate have a better understanding over concepts & fundamentals. We have recommended our experienced experts and real time professionals for the certification training and their guidance out there, as well as they shares real time experience with candidates.
Trackback URL: https://bispsolutions.com/2019/07/09/salesforce-einstein-analytics-xmd-wave-analytics-xmd-salesforce-tutorial/trackback/
Leave a comment